This is a variation on the Matisse "Fall" project I did earlier this year. (http://artiswhatiteach.blogspot.com/2010/11/5th-grade-fall-leaves-wind-matisse.html)
A couple of my classes were 2 weeks behind the others, so instead of making them do a Fall collage in December, I changed it a little. We swtiched from warm colors to cool colors and instead of leaves, they created cut paper snowflakes. Organic wind shapes worked for both seaons!








Love them!
ReplyDeletefelicides bonitos trabajos, bonito bloc!!!
ReplyDeleteLove these! Great idea for the snowflakes my kids love to make.
ReplyDeleteThese turned out so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am going to be sure to try this lesson myself. My third graders did work with fall leaf collages and the fourth grade did Matisse style collages too. I think this would be a great way for my 5th or 6th graders to learn about Matisse too. I'd like to create a link to your post, if you don't mind.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea...I like the fall version too!
ReplyDeletethe snowflakes turned out wonderfully! how did you have the kids fold the paper and what size did you use for the flakes? i'm thinking of doing this with my 3rd graders after winter break...
ReplyDeletethanks! we used a plastic drinking cup to trace the circles for the snowflakes. It was probably about 4 inches in diameter. Then they fold the circle paper in half 3 times. I tell them taco, pizza, then piece of pie. :) Then they can cut all sides (even the point to get a cool cut in the middle)
ReplyDelete