9.07.2017

4th Grade Op Art & Symmetrical Rockets

This is a project I get so many compliments on in our building and the kids are always amazed at what they can accomplish.  We begin by discussing Op Art and I teach them how to create the background optical illusion. They color it next with crayolas and sharpies- this is a great lesson on patience! 

 Once backgrounds are complete they get a smaller rectangle of white paper and I show them how to fold it vertically, drawing only half of their rocket with ebony pencil. Then they fold and rub the paper with something hard (back of scissors work great!) they can hardly believe their eyes when they see their image transferred to the other side and is now symmetrical!

They trace the rocket with sharpie, cut it out and glue onto their background.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for nice information See this keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great platform that for such nice information website keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Car removal logan is the best in the cash for cars removal services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.
    របៀបលេង BACCARAT ONLINE

    ReplyDelete

  5. TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED XMAS LOAN AMOUNT $520,000.00 FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY. IF YOU NEED A LOAN NOW EMAIL CONTACT drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE(drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan. So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Owen he holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Consider all your financial problems tackled and solved ASAP. Share this to help a soul right now THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is truly appreciated round the clock and the globe. It is incredibly a comprehensive and helpful blog. บาคาร่าวอเลท

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for an interesting blog. What else may I get that sort of info written in such a perfect approach? I have an undertaking that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the lookout for such info. บาคาร่าวอเลท

    ReplyDelete
  8. พีจีสล็อต เล่นเกมสล็อตบนมือถือ ดีอย่างไรบ้าง เราจะมาทราบไปพร้อมกันสล็อตออนไลน์ หรือ pg slotเกมออนไลน์สล็อต 3 มิติ แบบ pocket games สะดวกสบาย และยังทำเงินได้อีกด้วย

    ReplyDelete
  9. โปรโมชั่น pg slot มากมาย เล่นง่ายจ่ายจริง แตกจริง ต้อง pg slot เท่านั้น! เล่นสล็อต พีจีสล็อต เว็บไซต์ตรงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ชั้นหนึ่ง ทกลอง เล่น ฟรี พร้อมโบนัส

    ReplyDelete
  10. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Adam Ibrahim Finance Home he help me with a loan of $80,000 some days ago after been scammed of $6,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $80,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:adamibrahimfinanceltd1976@gmail.com call/whats-App Contact Number +918119841594 Adam Ibrahim Finance Pvt Ltd

    ReplyDelete