For this project, we talked about being resourceful artists by using things that would normally be thrown out or recycled to make art. I have boxes of painted paper (from past projects and the entire year's placemats we use) and stacks of magazines from my school's library. We began by tracing the shapes for either a daisy or dragonfly. I tell them that about half of their shapes should be painted paper, and the other half magazine paper. Then students glue these shapes onto a bright springy colored construction paper and cut them out, leaving a border. Finally, they glue those shapes onto large black construction paper (18x24") and cut around the whole object. There is something really interesting about the mix of the magazine graphics and the random painted paper. These are very large pieces and look really cool scattered around our school walls.
These look awesome! The border around the shapes really makes them pop!
ReplyDeleteExcellent idea.
ReplyDeleteGreat green art project! Love them.
ReplyDeleteLove these!!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are fantastic. I now know what to do with all the paintings that get left behind with no name on them - Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I stumbled on your blog today because of a pinterst pin. You have some amazing ideas here! Great blog!!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I just put this one on my list to do this month! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAwesome site with a lot of ideas I'd love to share with my little ones.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing your ideas. I'm not an art teacher but I'm teaching art class and offering a weekly after school Art Club to kids in Quepos, Costa Rica. I really appreciate the ideas I can get from art blogs like yours. This is a perfect project - cute, cheap and doable in our time frame. ¡Muchas gracias por la inspiración!
ReplyDelete