4.12.2010
Adaptive Art: Sunset Sailboats
I have seen several other blogs post this lesson, and wanted to give it a try! I pre-cut the triangles and trapezoids for the students. We started by folding a 13x13 white paper in half and painted the sky with large sponge brushes. I let students mix red and orange tempera onto their paper and repeat "back and forth, back and forth" for them to fill up the entire half. Then we unfold paper and turn the sky away with the blank half closer to us. I let them mix light blue and dark blue to paint the water. We used the back of the paintbrush for the waves, and popsicle sticks for the masts. I had extra wallpaper with a wood grain pattern on it for the boat bottoms, and used bright colored construction paper for the sails. They turned out cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





look great, I'll try them with my life skills group next week and post the end product
ReplyDelete