This project was posted by a few other art bloggers and it was way too cool to pass up! My 3rd Graders were so excited about creating their guitars (it must be the Guitar Hero trend). We began by looking at all different types of guitars and learning the different parts of the instrument. The kids actually knew more about them than I did! Next, they came up with several sketches for their own guitar (they had very cool names for each one too, which was so great!). The second day, I showed them how to create a large drawing of their favorite guitar using a ruler, pencil, and black sharpie. Then they colored them in with oil pastels. The third day, they I showed them how to create a simple black and white weaving, they cut out their guitars, glued them onto the background, and finally did some neon tempera splatter painting on top. So fun!










We MUST do this next year!
ReplyDeleteKristen: I just looked through all your lessons and am very impressed! How would you like to write this one up for SchoolArts?
ReplyDeleteI love these. I admit I am a bit nervous about the splatter painting. Any tips or details would be helpful.
ReplyDelete